Monday 27 June 2011

The American Suburbanite counts down the days until she returns to Rural England

As I was driving across the causeway from Sanibel to the mainland I received a phone call from my Mom.  She was home in PA and I had just received a UPS delivery from the British Consulate.  I told her to open in right away and let me know what it was.   


After a few tense moments she said "I think it is good, there is no letter"

I quickly asked her to look in my passport for a visa, and sure enough it was there.  I  was so excited I called my husband 3 times until I got a call back.  

He was in a meeting for work and didn't pick up the phone right away.  He called a few minutes later after the meeting adjourned and the two of us were so excited we didn't know whether to laugh or cry.  I think we did a little bit of both!   

21 Days until I depart for England to be at our home!

No comments:

Post a Comment