Friday 15 June 2012

Florida Bound

We arrived home from London late Tuesday night (really, it was early Wednesday morning) and we had a flight to the States on Friday morning. We did not leave ourselves much time to transition from one trip to the next. I have been on the go, no one place for more than 2 weeks, since my trip to PA in April. I was really feeling the strain by Thursday evening trying to get everything sorted.

We have 7 cats kept in 3 different areas on 2 different diets. God Bless our cat sitter! There was some gardening to do so that the outdoor English cats didn't use the flower bed as a litter box. We laundered anything and everything in common areas and our guest bedroom to help reduce my father's allergic response to cats. We needed to get to the vets to get more of the rX cat food for Isis. We caught up with my sister-in-law's family and the G family. Not to mention I was packing for 2 of us for a month away in 1 suitcase and hand luggage.

My husband and I tried to divide and conquer the list and he really did help. Never the less I was still running around Friday morning with last minute tasks (feed and clean cats, pack a few of the toiletries, shower, pack pillow).

One of our last minute jobs was cleaning the last few things out of the fridge (milk for my husbands tea, homemade chocolate buttercream frosting for my fairy cake breakfast). When we were about to walk out the door I wanted to prop the fridge door open so I turned one of the shelves around, it worked fine for the freezer. It did not work fine for the fridge!

When I stood up, I hit my head on the freezer shelf, so I sat on the floor for a minute to regroup. While I was sat on the floor, the turned shelf tilted and a few bottles of beer rolled out of the fridge. Needless to say one of those bottles of beer, even though it never fell, broke. Suddenly I was on the floor with broken glass and beer. Thankfully, I stood up quickly enough to not get a beer bath and far enough away to not hit my head again. It was literally seconds away from becoming a sit con sketch. We quickly cleaned up the beer and left another request for the sitter to help out with.

Despite my comedic interludes, monsoon like rain, and crazy truck drivers we made it to the airport with plenty of time to spare. It doesn't hurt that Manchester airport has some of the shortest security lines I have ever seen. Hopefully it is due to precision and efficiency, not the slack that infiltrated the TSA at Ft. Myers airport. Which, after nearly 23 hours, we arrived in Friday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment