Monday 26 December 2011

Boxing Day at Fountains Abbey

Last year my husband had to work but I came in the snow for the carol service with my in laws. This year my husband was able to join us.

The grounds are lovely and the service is quite traditional and similar to the Catholic Christmas Eve Mass I would attend with my family. There is loads of space and you can choose how much you would like to participate. I have taken some pictures from the 'room' to the side of the chapel area where the service was held. You can hear the service very well and yet enjoy the outdoors and beauty of the Abbey. It is really quite impressive to think it was all built in the 12th century. I do think this will be a tradition to keep as long as we spend Christmas in England!

Check out my Facebook page for some videos too!





No comments:

Post a Comment