Monday 13 August 2012

9 weeks passed like 9 days...

Wow, I can't believe how long it has been since I last wrote a post. If time passed quickly for me, it must have flown for my husband as his sabbatical is over and he's back at work. I guess once Tropical Storm Debby passed Florida, we didn't spend much time indoors, which meant little time writing. We filled our days with bike rides, beach time, nature walks, and house hunting (more about that next week!).

We spent our last couple of days in Florida in Tampa with my friend Lisa and Def Leppard!

After Florida we spent a week in Pennsylvania with my family doing typical American summer activities: amusement parks, baseball games, and barbecues. I think it was hotter in Pittsburgh than it was on Sanibel.

Our last day in Pittsburgh was a whirlwind of activity. We packed our bags and brought everything to my parents' house. Joined by siblings and their families while having some of my moms good cooking and trying to do the last of laundry and packing for 4!

My parents accompanied us back to England for their first visit and first trip out of North America! They wee a bit nervous but had a great time, even if they were a bit like Clark and Ellen Griswald!

Loads of details to come as I try to get back in the habit of writing!

Cheers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment