Friday 23 April 2010

A llittle background

I will let you know a little about my childhood I grew up in a suburb of Pittsburgh. My dad worked in the mills, we cheered for the Steelers, Pirates, and Penguins. My grandparents lived next door. We didn't go on many big vacations but we did lots around the city or within the tri-state area. It was an average upbringing for a child of the seventies. After high school, I went to college and studied Environmental Science and Biology. My school was in a tiny town with the population of Amish residents outnumbered faculty when school was out of session. I went home frequently I missed my family and the city. I also started my love of travel at this stage of my life. I took 4 opportunities to study biology abroad. These classes have shaped a large part of the adult I have become. Upon graduation, I moved home and worked for a year in retail. It was not long before the travel bug bit me again. This time I would not be coming home. I moved to the Gulf Coast of Florida. Again I lived in a very suburban area. I drove everywhere, had grocery stores on every corner, Malls on every other corner. I could go to a professional sporting event and a play on the same day. I lived in Florida for 13 years before meeting the man who would change my world and my address. After over a year of long distance relationship, spending more time on skype than in the same room, we decided the UK would be our home for the foreseeable future. I had visited several times over the last year, so I knew what I was getting into. I hope you enjoy it as much as am!

No comments:

Post a Comment